GMIC (Global Mobile Internet Conference) is a Beijing-based annual conference event organized by GWC (Great Wall Club), the organization comprising of delegates from outstanding internet companies in China. We have covered the conference for over several years (in Japanese).
The conference started holding its Silicon Valley edition a few years ago, and they will finally hold its first event in Tokyo this coming week, which will take place on July 11th in the Shibuya Hikarie building.
At the event, entrepreneurs and innovators from China as well as the rest of the world will come together, and share their insights and perspectives about the latest global mobile trends with an audience. Their remarkable speakers include:
- Masatoshi Kumagai, CEO, GMO Internet Group
- Gaofei Wang, CEO, Weibo
- Isao Moriyasu, CEO, DeNA
- Idezawa Takeshi, COO, Line
- Edward Long, Co-founder, Dianping
- Takeshi Natsuno, Professor, Keio University
- Tetsuzo Matsumoto, Senior Advisor of Softbank Mobile
- Abhay Singhal, Co-founder, InMobi
- Sheng Fu, CEO, Cheetah Mobile
- Miriam Warren, VP, New Markets, Yelp
Details of speakers and an agenda are available on the GMIC Tokyo website. We’ll be proudly serving the event as a media partner and bring you live coverage with our on-site reports.
Our readers can avail a 20% discount for purchasing GMIC Tokyo tickets (excluding a VIP pass) using the discount code OVERSEAkkAlQaq2. So if you are interested in being part of it, don’t hesitate to check them out and have your ticket now.