Japanese startup-focused VC firm CyberAgent Ventures announced earlier this week that it has started accepting applications for pitches at Rising Expo 2015 in Japan, the company’s annual startup conference to be held in Tokyo on 7 August. Prior to that, they will hold regional qualifier events in Southeast Asia and South Korea in June.
- 15 startups pitch at Rising Expo 2014 finals, regional winners from around Asia take part
- Venue rental marketplace Space Market wins top prize at Rising Expo 2014
The Southeast Asia edition invited 13 startups, 30 VC firms, and 10 business enterprises in Jakarta last year while eight startups and 15 VC firms participated in the South Korea edition in Seoul last year. From Japan, 15 startups, 60 VC firms and 60 enterprises participated in the Tokyo edition last year.
According to CyberAgent Ventures, startups having participated in the last year’s event fundraised over 4 billion yen ($33 million), meaning each participating company fundraised over 300 million yen ($2.5 million) on average.
Regional events and finals are scheduled to take place on the following dates:
- Rising Expo in Southeast Asia (Jakarta) … 25 June 2015, Thursday
- Rising Expo in Korea (Seoul) … In June 2015 but no exact date yet announced
- Rising Expo in Japan (Tokyo) … 7 August 2015, Friday
They have started receiving applications for Rising Expo 2015 in Southeast Asia, which will take place in Jakarta on 25 June. Startups exploring funding opportunities or business partnerships should not miss this opportunity.
Translated by Masaru Ikeda
Edited by Kurt Hanson