It was Golden Week here in Japan, so there wasn’t too much happening from the business world. We took the opportunity to be a little more reflective, spotlighting some interesting companies, apps, and games. For those of you in Japan, we hope you’ve had a good holiday! 
If you’d like to get this weekly summary plus other bonus content, we hope you’ll check out our shiny new newsletter here.
- Kickstart this: 14 of Japan’s top crowdfunded projects
- Beauty products portal @Cosme is an internet mainstay among Japanese women
- Japan’s Weathernews hopes to take the US market by storm
- Relux: A satisfaction-guaranteed online marketplace for Japanese ryokan
- This hard drive will self-destruct: New HDD case from Japan takes security seriously!
- Line tries to hook kids early, launching toy smartphone with Takaratomy
- StickerMe: Add your own face to mobile chat stickers, share on Facebook, Line, or Kakaotalk
- Line’s hockey stick moment: Japanese chat app hits 150 million users
- Japanese finance app Zaim rolls out slick web version, updates Android app with OCR
- Kame Camera takes Japanese schoolgirl ‘Dragon Ball’ meme a step further
- With over 5 million downloads, Battle Cats gears up to move merchandise
- GotchaWarriors: Is this Japan’s answer to Plants vs Zombies?
- Shadow Love: The Japanese iPhone game made entirely with shadow puppets
- Puzzle & Dragons still killing it, tops 13 million downloads
Actually, tomorrow is a public holiday in Japan too, so I guess you have one more day still! ↩