Japanese payments startup Coiney started out back in March of 2013, now just over a year later the company has released an infographic outlining some of their key metrics during that period.
You can view the graphic, which is in Japanese, below, but here are some selected points that stand out:
- 42.7% of the service’s users are from the capital Tokyo.
- the average age of a Coiney user is about 45. That seems surprisingly old to me, as I’d have guess their demographics to skew a little younger.
- 81% of their users are male.
- 53% are corporate users, while 47% are small businesses
- 19% of users fall in the so-called ‘gourmet’, which we assume means restaurants and other food-related retailers.